Working Directory <---> Staging <---> Local Repo <---> Remote Repo
The most important verbs, in order of importance:
- Bring down the remote repo to your local repo for the first time.
- Bring down new changes from the remote repo to your local repo.
- Check the status of your stuff.
- Move content to staging.
- Move content from staging to your local repo.
git commit -m "Some message."
- Move content from your local repo to the remote repo.
- Show the history of your commits.
git log --oneline
git log -5
Other useful command you will eventually want to learn.
git reset --hard
git reset --soft
- Chapter 2 - for daily use
- Chapter 3 - for slightly more advanced stuff
- Chapter 10 - for going deep
- Chapter A3 - as a reference